Welp... I'm another year older. I'm another year wiser. I'm another year experienced at handling and hoarding a lot of baggage. As I mentioned in my inaugural post, I'm learning to accept some things/people as they are, and trying to let go of what I cannot control. That said, I've adopted Jamie's little diddy as my anthem for the year. I know, I know, this song isn't exactly new. But I hear it every Thursday during my line dancing class when we do a slide to this song (yes, I have an old soul, and my old soul loves to do choreographed dance with ppl 3x my age and 3x my foot-work ability, #dontjudgeme). And as I listened to the song yesterday, I couldn't help but say to myself, "Self... You. Don't. Need. It." What is it? IT is any nonsense, BS, drama, lies, absence of truths, disrespect, disregard, disappointments, etc. I'm young (compared to a full grown Sequoia), I'm a decent human being (I volunteer at the Food Bank), I'm frikkin gorgeous (and by gorgeous I may mean slightly vain--and delusional), and I'm mildly successful (I thought getting a husband would be easier than this PhD....wrong. false. absolutely incorrect). Keeping undesirables and unmentionables in my lifespace will only bring down my property value down. And I can't afford that kind of loss.
That said, I want to make sure I purge myself of all the unneeded clutter that has seeped it's way into my 1st week in my late 20s. I shall spread my forgiveness for all to see with the following:
- 2 drivers that tried to run me over. People in Pittsburgh are notorious for being terrible pedestrians and drivers. But since I pose as both, I try to be considerate of all people on the road and in crosswalks. Yet, even as I politely obeyed traffic laws and yielded my right to the right-of-way, I still managed to get targeted as a victim for vehicular manslaughter twice in a matter of 48hrs. Both people actually SPED up even after I made eye contact and knew they could in fact see me! Both times I slowed down, locked eyes, and gave the "I DARE you" look. Perhaps my nonchalant attitude caused them to miss me. Jerks! If I were the crazy type, I'd have banged on the hoods of their cars. But, alas, I am not. I'm literally too grown to cause a scene in public
- Silly chicks who start drama at the club. *sigh* Not only does this make YOU look foolish (we grown--loud yapping is soooooo high school), but it's hella hard to focus when I'm inebriated and more focused on following your wagging finger than the hate spewing out of your mouth. It just leaves me confused, not scared. Unless you're going to throw a punch, you've solved nothing. Please don't waste my time or yours unless you plan on backing up that talk with your walk. Especially over some he said/she said nonsense. *smh* I certainly don't need this! Lord!
- thatdamnafrican aka ethiopianboy.He knows what he did!! And though he's normally a jerk, his rudeness this week was particularly offensive because it's my bday week. Has he no boundaries?!?! Ugh!
- My e-twin and other friends who forgot my bday. It happens. I actually forget people's bdays all the time. I've definitely had to do the lame "blame it on my mind not my heart" kind of explanation. And, when the lame shoe fits.... deny, lie. deny.
- The whackness of my birthday. By far the most boring, unexciting, lonely, uneventful, pointless birthday in the history of my life. All I need is more unpleasantness in my lifespace!!! TF? I'm totally going to need a do over on 7-7-11.
Aging & Purging,