|I'll take 2 of these, and call you in the morning.|
I was hoping to start this week focused and disciplined, with my eyes on the prize. The prize being getting back into a fitness and healthy eating routine, as well as completing my thesis proposal to submit to my thesis committee. As I've mentioned somewhat before, I often times lack discipline in different areas of my life and I get very easily distracted (much like Panama Jackson at VSB). So, the plan for the week was to get this semester cracking by setting a few short term goals and working towards achieving them.
Welp... I made minimal progress. Because this whole week I've had nothing but enablers allowing me to lose focus and act a daggone fool!!! Between YouTube (better known as "YouTude" to some) and, well, YouTube, I have spent countless hours laughing, crying, and gasping for air while watching the silliest, most ridiculous hilarity that currently plagues the internet. It almost feels like I've never known funny before, the way I've been slapping my knee and throwing my head back in amusement. How am I supposed to be productive and efficient when I am addicted to internet sensations?? I just can't say NO! I don't sleep, I don't do work, I just watch and laugh! I mean, I'm more equipped to write a dissertation on virtual foolishness than I am dopamine during adolescent development. And what's worse? I'm spreading the madness to others! It's like a viral infection! Can't stop, won't stop (no Bad Boy). I think I may need to form a support group because this is getting out of control.
So, it's only right that I forgive the people who have contributed to my downfall by introducing me to the very ratchetness that has me caught up. Gemmie's Enablers:
- Cheekie--who is responsible for the tears that fell when I first met 50 Tyson. There is NO reason I laughed so hard and for so long. And now I can't help but randomly bust out saying "I ain't gon lie but I'm Gemmie Tyson, I'm from southeastsandiegocalifornia. I'm a blogger, I was born to be a blogger, that's why I be doin like blogging. And I'm 20 something, and then next year I'll be... What? Yep, yep, I'll be.... REEEEMIX!"
- Nick--who is responsible for hipping me to the comedic genius of Jerry and Kain. I featured their joint "What Men Really Want" on Monday. And really, she's not to blame because she was tweeting this vid to some one else, and I intercepted it. Nevertheless, this one simple, yet hilarious vid leads to the forgiveness of...
- My brother--because he is the reason I now can't stop watching Jerry and Kain's videos. My brother has sent me numerous videos they've made (there are so many, and they are a riot) and now he quotes them all the time via FB and text. Like brother, like sister. *smh*
- My labmate--who is constantly playing the song "We've Got To Stop The Mosque At Ground Zero" (originally aired on YouTube). The song is filled with ignorant sentiments (dumba$s Americans), but the ish is catchy as hell! Can't help but bob my head and tap my toe to it. "It's a sacred place and that's a cold hard fact!" The lyrics are so painfully unreasonable, yet I find it amusing. Go figure.
- People who don't know Antoine Dodson--I feel an obligation to put them up on game and explain why I have "Bed Intruder" (w/ 13M+ views! lmao) as my ringtone (#dontjudgeme). If they didn't live under a rock, I wouldn't have to continuously spread the news and further self-indulge in such nonsense. It's not my fault! And just in case you needed an update from A-Dod, here ya go (#thankmelater)
- You-Muhfrikkin-Tube--it knows what its done to me!!!!!!! *wall slides into an abyss of absurdity*
Dangerously In Love With Foolishness,
Just writing this very post I got caught up in a tangled web of YouTube videos (many of which I've already seen) that prevented me from completing this in a timely fashion. I want my life back!!! My future